Monday, May 26, 2008

Bank Holiday Weekends and 7546ish Kcal !

I love Bank Holiday weekends. I love them even more when I'm feeling really good and able to enjoy them to the max.

I woke up early on Saturday (not that unusual for me) but actually got up and going by 9am (almost unheard of!). I made the most of the early morning sunshine and took a slow walk to the village shops which are just 100 metres or so down the road. After visiting the Post Office, Bank, and Butchers I was feeling rather smug/proud so popped into the Bakers and treated myself to a cake (or 3).

Saturday evening was spent babysitting my nephew - the first time that we'd had the honour of looking after baby Thomas since he was born back in December, and it was a doddle as he slept the whole evening without making a peep. I somehow think we might have got lucky...!


On Sunday we headed over to Oxford. Sally had booked a room at the Malmaison hotel (http://www.malmaison-oxford.com/) which is housed in a renovated Prison! They've kept many of the original "Prison Features" - the rooms in "A Block" are the actual prison cells (slightly bigger now though), complete with original Cell doors !

It was an amazing hotel, and I could have spent hours photographing the place, but Apparently we hadn't gone all the way to Oxford to spend the entire time taking photos' of the hotel, so here is just a taster of the ones I took:

     

After I'd finished being creative with the camera, the eating began - And it was obscene.

In the space of a 24 hour period, I consumed approx 7546 kcal. I put this mainly down to the high dose of steroids that I'm still taking, but even so, I was mighty proud of this achievement. Highlights included:

  • 4 Krispy Kreme doughnuts (in the space of 6 minutes)
  • 18 Millies Cookies (assorted flavours)
  • 16oz Rump Steak and Chips
  • A whole Pizza Express Pizza (even the crust!)
  • Crispy Duck Pancakes
  • Banoffe Pie
  • Continental Breakfast
  • ..and much more!

In between eating, we spent time strolling around the city viewing the sights and doing a little shopping along the way. I also finally managed to find a suitable shirt and tie combo to wear to the Breathing Life Awards which are now just a few days away - I cannot wait !

I really enjoyed Oxford, it's a beautiful city with so much to see. I'd like to go back again sometime soon as there is so much more to see AND I didn't get to visit the Ben's Cookies factory this time :(

1 comment:

princesskaro said...

that hotel looks nice but very scary - don't they always do Most Haunted and programmes like that in old prisons?

very jealous of your 7500 calories - I'm trying to keep to 450 at the moment!